6.22.2010

it is well

i have a lot on my mind. it's one of those times when i don't really know where to begin. i could ramble on and on with useless words that only skim the surface of the real issues at hand. how much is too much? isn't that an age old question. what can you say without saying more than you should? i need wisdom.

i believe in the sovereignty of the Almighty. i believe that He was, is, and is to come. if I could keep this at the forefront of my mind at all times, a lot of my problems would be avoided. instead, i choose to become bogged down with life's petty trials and end up immersed in an ocean of insignificant worry. instead of riding the waves with the skill of a california surfer, i am being pulled down by a powerful under current. i refuse to let this happen. i will not let my spirit be quenched  or the fire in my heart be put out. why should i?

there is truth in every bit of criticism. it's learning how to decipher the truth, learn from it, and push away the useless extra that proves to be a challenge. i tend to be an extremist. this can be both good and bad. taking things way too much to heart is one of my downfalls. because of this flaw, i can find myself on really high highs and very low lows. pleasing people is also of great concern to me. however, i'm learning more everyday that although God uses people to shape character in my life, my number one goal is to please Him. yes, i want to learn from criticism, but i want my eyes to remain fixed on running the race set before me.

not everyone that you meet in this life is going to love you, no matter how nice, beautiful, smart, talented, etc. you are. Jesus met with plenty of people in His life who harbored great animosity towards Him. as long as your life is in line with the Word, you have nothing to worry about. it's not about the situations you find yourself in, it's about your reaction to them. i am asking the Lord to fill my heart with love and compassion towards everyone i meet, regardless of their feelings about me. the joy of the Lord is my strength. with His help, i will choose to view the circumstances of my life as divinely appointed and make it my mission to give Him praise in some  ALL things. it truly is well with my soul.

 "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.  And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full.  But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful." Luke 6:32-36


song of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAAsjzapuWs
the author penned this song after receiving a telegram from his wife that read "saved alone." his four daughters had drowned when their ship sank on its way to England. he left new york at once to join his distraught wife. however, he asked the captain to come notify him when they reached the same spot where the previous ship had sunk. after he had seen the burial waters of his daughters, horatio spafford returned to his cabin where he wrote the words to this famous hymn.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Karis, your blogs encourage me so much! God certainly starts tugging at my heartstrings through your words. Just thought you should know this :)

    ReplyDelete