3.11.2010

fearless.

we live in such an uncertain world filled with wars and rumors of wars. people die all the time. and that scares me to the core. what if i lose someone i love with all my heart? what if my life is turned upside down in a blink of an eye? these questions haunt me.

i want to live without fear. i want to face each day without worrying about what it may bring forth. i want to be strong in the power of His might. i can't spend another moment scared about what MAY happen. this is not acceptable. i have to realize that He is completely sovereign and controls every aspect of my future. and i know these things. i do. i just need to really engraft them into my soul. His words should consume my thoughts so that there is no room for anything else. memorization is key. i'm trying to decide on a new testament book to commit to memory. daunting task, but worth the effort.

fear is a hard slave driver. it commands all of your attention, strength, and energy. it sucks the joy right out of your life. the love of Christ however, is liberating. the empowering, unconditional, all-consuming love of the Savior trumps all fear, worry, and anxiety. i don't know about you, but i need relief. i need someone to lift this burden off of my shoulders because it is entirely too heavy for me to carry.

more of him, and less of me. more of His love, less of my fears. more of His plan, less of my ideas. may i one day get to the place in my life that i am so completely rid of myself that all i care about is the fulfillment of his will. NO MATTER WHAT IT COSTS ME. i want to live fearless.



random facts: i LOVE all the m&m commercials. those little guys are entirely too cute. i think a circular drive makes a house look inviting. i am VERY punctual (usually a few minutes early). i can't stand scary movies. i really only like happy, "feel good" movies. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment